20100206

WOD: 20100205

15-12-9-6-3 reps of:
95# sumo-deadlift-high-pull (SDHP)
toes to bar

This was a strange workout: there was nothing to measure. No running clock. No PRs with weight to try to hit. I was working on technique and trying to learn how to do toes to bar.

For the SDHP I was working on making the movement more of a push and less of a pull by giving the bar enough momentum that it didn't take much pull to reach my chin. I only had a few reps that I was happy with but I felt like I was starting to get the idea by the end.

This was my first time attempting toes to bar (which means touching one's toes to the bar from a dead hang). I was scaling it slightly: I was using the pull-up handles which meant the "bar" I was kicking was about 8" closer to my feet than my hands. I felt like my last rep of this was good: I was starting to generate some momentum, with my toes making a nice arc up to the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment